We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T.S. Eliot


Welcome to Ten Roads! This blog is intended to be a place for me to share my (generally Civil War-related) thoughts and experiences. I try to update once a week at the very least. All comments and readers are greatly appreciated!

Saturday, October 27, 2007

My career shadowing plans

I'm kind of lacking in interesting things to say as of late, so I guess now would be a good time to talk about how I have the best plans for November 19th ever conceived.
Joanne Lewis is a licensed battlefield guide and was the one who really got the town guide program started for Main Street Gettysburg. She was also in charge of finding volunteers for the train station, which is how I originally met her. I am required by my school to do career shadowing this year and Joanne is going to let me shadow her on the 19th while she gives tours and whatnot. So not only do I get to hang out with Joanne, who is awesome, but I get to be in town for Remembrance Day!
In other news, I am now a contributing writer over at Civil War History. I'd like to thank Daniel for the wonderful opportunity! Hopefully I will have something interesting to write over there soon.

1 comment:

Don said...

Sarah,

Sounds like a great plan. You should have a great time and will probably learn a lot as well. Enjoy!

Yore