We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T.S. Eliot


Welcome to Ten Roads! This blog is intended to be a place for me to share my (generally Civil War-related) thoughts and experiences. I try to update once a week at the very least. All comments and readers are greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Pivot! Pivot!



Yesterday there was this... thing... in the square. I noticed an unusual backup in front of the train station (where I was working) when I left, and I looked towards the square eventually to see what was holding up traffic. And I saw this. What is it? I do not know. I know that it was large and rusted and tank-like. And that the truck carrying it wasn't able to make it all the way around. It was stuck in the square, taking up the whole area from York Street (where the truck part was) to Chambersburg Street (where the end of the thing was). People were getting out of their cars and leaving the shops to come out and get a look and snap a few pictures. Luckily I had my cell phone with me.

No comments:

Yore