We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
- T.S. Eliot


Welcome to Ten Roads! This blog is intended to be a place for me to share my (generally Civil War-related) thoughts and experiences. I try to update once a week at the very least. All comments and readers are greatly appreciated!

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Reynolds Avenue: temporarily closed (obviously)

Generally I hear about these things before I see them. So it was sort of a huge surprise when, driving around the battlefield to take pictures on Sunday, I went to turn onto Reynolds Avenue and was greated with a big crane and a blockade. Generally when I am unable to do something I want to do I like to know the reason (this drives my parents absolutely crazy) so I parked at the info station and walked as close to the scene as I felt necessary for adequate observation. And this is what I saw:

They've taken out the bridge over the Railroad Cut on Reynolds Avenue. This was apparently something that was known by some ahead of time, but I did not know, and thus was a little surprised. But after I got over all of the "HEY THERE IS NO BRIDGE THERE" thoughts I started thinking "I bet people would like to see this." So here you go, two pictures of a bridge that is no more.

No comments:

Yore